How to Write Posts that Rank on Page One using SEO Blogging
When it comes to where you rank in search engine results, numbers matter. In fact, the result in the No. 1 position on Google typically receives 33 percent of search traffic. Page 1 search results receive 92 percent of all traffic, dropping by nearly 95 percent for page 2. This is where SEO blogging comes in…Climbing to the top of search engine results takes more than just well-written, interesting content. When blogging for SEO, it’s best to concentrate on keyword-focused content that attracts the right kind of web traffic. Here are 5 essential SEO tips for blogs that will help you generate traffic to your website.
1. Choose Effective KeywordsGoogle manages more than 40,000 searches per second – a staggering amount. Marketers who understand SEO blogging target specific phrases and keywords, zeroing in on the words potential customers are using. One way to determine these popular keywords is to analyze the social platforms your key audience frequents. Check out what’s trending, paying attention to the exact phrases they use.Another way to determine which keywords are popular is to check out your competition. SEO tools allow you to see what keywords their websites are ranking for, and you can use them yourself if they’re relevant to your business. Remember, sometimes the most obvious keywords aren’t the best choices. Long-tail keywords, keyword phrases, and questions are used by searchers when they’re looking for something.Your focus keywords should evolve over time as trends shift or your products or services change. Still, it’s important to use a variety of long-tail keywords that are high in search volume but face low competition.
2. Integrate Keywords Throughout Your Blog PostsOnce you’ve determined your target keywords, it’s time to develop a plan for SEO on your blog posts. Explore different blog topics, deciding on a subject that will interest your audience. When blogging for SEO, it’s important to choose a topic that will emotionally appeal to your potential customers’ needs and desires.As you write the post, seamlessly incorporate keywords throughout the content. The primary keyword should appear in the title, headings and subheadings, URL (if possible), the meta description, and in the image alt text. Additional SEO blogging tips include using a natural writing style and avoiding keyword stuffing. Keyword stuffing can make your content feel too forced, insulting the visitor’s intelligence and lowering the blog’s quality.
3. Connect With InfluencersWhen focusing on SEO blogging, don’t shy away from linking to other relevant articles or blogs. Providing links to reputable websites offers additional reading material to your visitors and shows them that you’ve done your research. Using research-supported statistics from influential websites is an excellent way to strengthen a blog post. This helps you create a convincing argument that gets readers thinking.SEO Should Always Start with the Basics
4. Write Longer, Easily Scanned Blog PostsWith the average human attention span being eight seconds, one might think that shorter blog posts are the best option. However, search engines typically prefer longer, in-depth articles. The longer your post, the greater its chances of showing up in the top search engine results. Longer posts make it easier for your target keyword to rank.The more content on your page, the more opportunities search engines have to decipher what your post is about. It’s recommended to write a minimum of 300 words per post. This length provides search engines with plenty of keywords and text to crawl.Create scannable, easy-to-read posts that feature concise sentences and paragraphs. Long-winded sentences can be broken up, and paragraphs should be kept to 2-3 sentences. Take advantage of bulleted lists and subheadings, which grab readers’ attention.
5. Add Internal Links Throughout the PostLinking to additional pages or blogs on your company’s website helps search engines create an accurate sitemap. It also exposes the audience to more of your company’s content, helping you establish credibility. Extra links encourage the visitor to spend more time on your site, increasing the potential for a sale.When creating internal links, use natural language for the anchor text. Use descriptive keywords that give visitors a sense of what they’ll find when they click on the link. Avoid force-feeding links to your top web pages or featured products. Doing this will only turn off readers and could even lead to search engines penalizing your site.YOAST SEO Premium makes internal linking a breeze and it’s an absolute “must have” for anyone running a WordPress blog.While it’s tempting to link all your blogs and pages, it’s important not to go overboard with internal linking. Only choose links that best enhance the insight you’re writing about and can be incorporated naturally.
The Ultimate Guide to SEO Strategy
ConclusionIf your goal is for your website to rank at the top of page one, it’s important to focus on crafting blogs that users and search engines love. When you optimize your blogs for both, you’ll earn higher rankings in SERPs, receive high-quality web traffic and increase conversion rates.
Eric Melillo is a certified HubSpot Inbound Marketing expert, Senior Brand Strategist, as well as a lover of family, friends, and life. He enjoys good health, Tae Kwon-Do and discovering the most influential marketing trends.