4 Steps to Super-Charge Your Content Marketing Campaign
Content marketing has become incredibly important throughout the past few years. Marketers and business owners who are looking to improve their online strategies are able to find countless articles offering content marketing tips and best practices.
Even with so much information available, many marketers struggle to find success with content marketing. The fact is, attracting, engaging, and converting audiences through strategic content isn’t easy. Brands devote large amounts of time and resources creating content, most of which never gets seen on the first page of search engine results.
With high-quality content, reaching – and eventually converting – your target audience is possible. If your brand is struggling to build a strategy that works, try these practical content marketing tips:
1. Devise a Content Marketing Plan
While most B2B marketers have content marketing ideas, only 35 percent of them have a plan to implement them, according to a recent report. Documenting a plan can make all the difference when it comes to successful content. Write down your strategy, revisit it often and adapt it according to your metrics and other important data.
Not sure where to start? Here are some things that your content marketing plan should include:
- Extensive profiles of your target audience and customer personas
- Clear objectives
- Resource allocation: Who will perform what tasks?
- An outline of the content development process
- Content formatting, themes, and topics
- Paid or organic promotion strategy
- Content conversion funnels: How will you guide visitors through the sales process?
- Key performance indicators and other success metrics
2. Become an Expert on a Topic
When your business is an authority in a particular area, you can gain more influence and audience reach. Brands can build authority and trust by offering excellent customer service, but content also plays an important role. Update your pages regularly with content that offers value to the reader. Consistency is key – each post should reflect what your brand is and what it stands for. Your audience will respond by reading and sharing your content more often.
3. Create the Best Content in Your Industry
If your goal is to rank on page one of Google’s search engine results, the odds are that you’re competing against hundreds of websites targeting the same keywords. Achieving high rankings can be very difficult even for those who are experienced with SEO.
Developing page one-worthy content will involve a bit of research. Search for your keyword, and see what kind of content appears for the first five results. This will allow you to tailor your content accordingly, which can help your website rise to the top of search results.
4. Don’t Forget to Promote Your Content
Even the best-written content is useless if no one reads it. Many businesses create excellent content, but they fail to promote it sufficiently. Promote content properly in order to reach the right audiences. Here are three tactics your business can use to share your content:
- Social Media: Whether its paid or unpaid, promoting your content through social media sites is one of the best ways to share your brand with a large audience. Even though this may seem obvious, many businesses are unsure how to use social media as a promotion device. One of the most common mistakes marketers make is sharing a post only once, which limits its reach. Most content needs to be shared multiple times before it can gain any traction. If your business has the budget, you can utilize paid promotional tools and paid social ads to automate posting and drive more traffic to your content. Paid social ads are typically very targeted, and they also offer metrics that can help you determine their success.
- Reach Out to Influencers: Getting in touch with those who can increase your content’s reach is another effective tactic. Using content research tools can help you find people who shared similar content on Twitter, Facebook, and other sites. Then find out who you should contact directly because these users share similar content, so they may have an interest in sharing yours.
- Email Marketing: Using email to promote content is a proven method of improving engagement and website traffic. Email subscribers that have an interest in your content, so they’re more likely to convert or share your posts with others.
Setting clear goals, establishing brand authority, writing valuable content, and focusing on promotion are all important steps to take when improving your content marketing. With these tips, you’ll be able to master all four of these techniques.